Sunday, April 29, 2018

penn liam - 3 years old

Happy Birthday Penn!!

Year 2 has been a big one for Penn! It's hard to believe he is 3! THREE!!!


I think one of the things that stands out to me about Penn's 2nd year is how much he's become obsessed with Keaton. He's always loved his big brother, but seems almost lost without Keaton around.

Penn is the best little brother....he torments, surprise attacks, wrestles, tries to take Keaton's toys, etc 😂

All that said...he also shares very well and wants to be by Keaton's side when he's in time-out or not feeling well. If K is crying he'll follow him around asking "What's wrong Keaton?" Penn always wants to give K a kiss before nap, bed, and getting dropped off at school.
Penn had/has some challenges this past year. We're working so hard to help him progress and each day I see that happening!

He's problem solving more on his own and his patience has grown by miles!
Trying to get a vitamin gummy from the upper cabinet...
He's always been my wild child. I don't think that will change any time soon.
Penn is especially small in size for his age, but does not let that stop him! 
He's not afraid to try new things {except food} and loves making new friends! 

Penn thrives around other kids! If we're at a park and other kids show up, it's like his whole body lights up! He's the one extrovert in our family 😁
Penn loves music, coloring, painting, and anything artistic! He does everything with his entire body and that includes paint...I've never seen a child make such a mess! 😂 He learned all his colors a long time ago and even goes into the more abstract ones...peach, purple, gray.
Penn has a BIG personality! When he's happy...you know it! When he's not happy...you know it! He does not hold back. I'm not sure I've ever been squeezed and loved on so hard in my entire life. Or yelled at 😆
This little boy loves me big time, but not as much as I love him. He has helped me change in areas of my life I didn't even know needed changing and is constantly s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g me, which is making me a better, more empathetic, and loving person. I never knew a 3 year old could have that kind of impact, but Penn does. 

We met him 1 day after he was born and I remember the first time I held him like it was yesterday. Most days I forget that he is adopted - he's just one of us. We were all made for each other. 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" Matthew 22:37

Fun Facts - 2 years
*Weighs- 24lbs
*Length- 
*Sizes-  24 month shirt, 18-24 month pants, 5 shoe
*Says - everything we say - repeats a lot
*Favorite toys/activity - Bubbles, swinging,   
*Favorite foods - lebanon bologna, pepperoni, applesauce packs, yogurt, PB, veggie straws, teddy grahams, fruit snacks, donuts w/sprinkles, ice cream
*Favorite place to visit - Chocolate World
*Favorite books - Pete the Cat, Thomas, Thank You God
*Favorite TV shows - Paw Patrol, Umizoomi, PJ Mask, YouTube Playdough
*Favorite songs - Jesus Loves Me, Caspar Babypants
*Favorite animals - dogs
*Favorite bath toy - paint
*Favorite character - Paw Patrol
*Favorite brother - Keaton ;0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...